- Hits: 1046
In addition to support strategies and accommodations provided through mainstream teaching, the Secondary Section support team aims to tailor provision according to students’ individual learning needs. Currently we offer:
- Screening assessments for intervention programmes and access arrangements.
- Evidence based literacy interventions at KS3.
- Touch-typing intervention, for students eligible to use of laptop in examinations.
- Access arrangements for external examinations, inclusive of ABRSM, IGCSE, IB and SAT.
- Assistance in developing effective study habits and organisational systems, to support learning.
- Individualised study sessions, to support curriculum access.
In addition, for students new to the school, we offer an English Additional Language Programme to support students in:
- Developing English Language competency, to secure access to the curriculum.
Our counselling service further supports all students in:
- Personal, social and academic issues e.g. stress management, time management and organisational issues.
Parents are welcome to contact the appropriate member of the support team for advice:
- Najia Ghani - Specalist Educational Needs Co-ordinator - Extension - 429
- Melissa Tsiligkeridis - Specialist Teacher - Extension - 429
- Fatimah Awartani - Specialist Teacher - Extension - 429
- Jane Lancaster -English Additional Language Teacher - 409
- Rhiannon Lewis – English Additional Language teacher - 409
- Kim Lyon -School Counsellor - Extension - 422